Seafaring travelers appreciate the freedom of the open ocean and ability to arrive at travel destinations sometimes not accessible by land or air. Cruise travelers also appreciate the freedom of complete access to accommodations and amenities while traveling aboard cruise ships.
According to CLIA, cruises contributed $55 billion to the U.S. economy in 2019. The cruise industry, once on the rise, was shut down by the world health crisis resulting in a $32 billion loss affecting more than 254,000 U.S. jobs.
The cruise industry is planning a comeback. To restore the cruise industry, it will require industry-wide adoption of stringent facilities maintenance sanitization policies. Prior to the world health crisis, the cruise industry was notorious for harmful germs and bacteria proliferation aboard ships as repeatedly reported by news agencies.
To cruise in complete confidence, crews and passengers must be aware of effective sanitizing solutions at sea.
QUATERNARY AMMONIUM COMPOUNDS
Quaternary ammonium compounds are classified as organic salts (can be synthesized) and were discovered in 1906. Since then, quaternary ammonium compounds have been used for cruise industry sanitizing (including eradicating aquatic invasive species). QACs are well known in and supported by the science community for effectiveness and its long-term nature.
When formulated accordingly, QACS also have a gentle side as evidenced in everyday use products from mouthwash to eyedrops, shampoo, and baby wipes to anti-static laundry treatments. The alcohol-free QAC that is an FDA approved active ingredient in alcohol-free hand sanitizer is benzalkonium chloride also known as “BZK”.
GLANHEALTH™ QAC SOLUTIONS RESTORE INDUSTRIES
To restore the cruise industry, addressing airborne microbes aboard ships means sanitizing all surfaces that microbes can land on. Some traditional methods of sanitizing (bleach, chlorine) are not suited for porous materials such as fabrics, upholstery, and wall coverings and will result in damage to company and personal property. Although hand sanitizer is recommended in the absence of soap and water, hundreds of alcohol-based sanitizing products are either flagged for contamination, being overused, or misused.
With the foresight of public and personal safety issues associated with traditional sanitizing methods (alcohol, bleach, chlorine), in early 2020 GlanHeath™ launched its eco-friendly alcohol-free sanitizing solutions that incorporate QACs.
COMPLETE SANITIZING SYSTEM FOR CRUISE TRAVEL
GlanHealth’s revolutionary mode of action with quaternary ammonium compounds surpasses outdated modes of action. GlanHealth™ non-toxic, long-lasting sanitizing products provide a complete solution for travel by sea, land, and air. Throughout the cruise, a ship’s facilities maintenance sanitizing checkpoints must include vigilant upkeep of:
- Gangways, all flooring, and carpeting
- Electronic kiosks, displays, point of sale devices, and monitors
- Walls, windows, and furniture
- Air vents and comfort controls
- Window shades and drapery
- Power outlets and lighting controls
- Storage facilities and cargo holds
- Safety devices including life preservers and emergency vehicles
- Communication devices and telephones
- Linens, towels, and pillows
- Food and beverage preparation stations, kitchens, and dining areas
- Commonly accessible materials including keycards and literature
- Swimming pool, gym, spa, entertainment lounges, computer rooms, and equipment
To completely address cruise travel crew and passenger sanitizing needs, GlanHealth’s industry restoration solution includes:
ALL TOUCHABLE SURFACES – UP TO 28 DAYS OF POWERFUL PROTECTION
PUBLIC SAFETY STATIONS – PREVENTS ALCOHOL ABUSE (INGESTION)
HANDS & BODY – UP TO 4-HOURS OF PROTECTION
- Alcohol-free Advanced Hand Sanitizer
- Alcohol-free Sanitizing Body Spray
- Alcohol-free Sanitizing Wipes
- Antimicrobial Wound & Skin Therapy
- Foam Dispenser Plus Alcohol-Free Sanitizer Pillow Pack
ALL WASHABLE MATERIALS – UP TO 28 DAYS OF PROTECTION
- Sanitizing Bath Wipes (Individually Wrapped)
- Sanitizing Hand Wipes (Individually Wrapped)
- Sanitizing Soap (Triclosan and Bleach-Free)
- Travel-Size Alcohol-Free QAC Sanitizing Kit (Hand Sanitizer, Body Spray, Surface Complete)